St. Patrick’s Day is closing in, so we wanted to celebrate one of our favorite colors in the Fiesta spectrum: Shamrock! So get those Shamrock Square Bakers ready, because we’re making a quick and easy dessert that’s totally leprechaun approved: Mint Chocolate Brownies.
These magically minty confections might just be the treasure at the end of the rainbow- the Fiesta rainbow, that is. The best part about them is that you can use boxed or homemade brownies, depending on how much time you have. We used a box this time, but would love to try this recipe homemade as well. That’s right, they’re so good that we’re already planning round two. No shame.
The key to these tasty treats is the mint. We added mint extract and crumbled mint cookies to get the perfect fresh taste to balance out the sweetness of the chocolate. But, don’t forget the green food coloring or you’re sure to be pinched!
Trying these at home? Make sure to send us your photos!
- Boxed brownies (we chose dark chocolate for ours) or your own homemade recipe
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow fluff
- 1 package Mint Oreo cookies
- 10 drops of green food coloring (more or less, depending on your favorite shade of mint)
- Prepare brownies according to directions on box, or make your own and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine marshmallow fluff, mint extract, and green food coloring. Mix contents very well.
- In a small bowl, crumble Oreo cookies (about half of the package).
- Pour fluff mixture over cooled brownies and spread evenly. Top with cookie crumbles.