Ready for a simple summer treat that’s fun to make? Fiesta Frozen Banana Pops are such a crowd pleaser for kids and grown ups alike. All it takes is just three ingredients and a few toppings.
- 2 bananas, cut in half
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Popsicle sticks
- Cut bananas in half.
- Slide popsicle stick about halfway through each banana.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Combine chocolate chips and vegetable oil in microwave safe container. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip frozen bananas in chocolate.
- Roll in toppings before chocolate sets.
- Set on wax or parchment paper until the chocolate sets.
First, cut the bananas in half. Then insert popsicle sticks about halfway through each banana. (You can find popsicle sticks at any craft store.) Freeze the bananas overnight.
Next, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave. For best results, heat for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth. Be sure not to overheat because chocolate will become grainy and lose its smooth consistency.
Immediately dip the bananas in the chocolate while the chocolate is warm. We put our melted chocolate in a Fiesta Tumbler. The shape allows for perfect dipping!
Then dip each chocolate covered banana in your choice of toppings. You’ll want to do this before the chocolate sets or the toppings won’t stick. We dipped our bananas in colorful sprinkles, crushed walnuts, chocolate candies, and shredded coconut. Our Fiesta Fruit/Salsa Bowls made it easy to rolls the bananas in the toppings.
Place bananas on wax or parchment paper until the chocolate sets. Or you can enjoy right away, but the chocolate will be a little messier.
That’s all there is to it! We hope you enjoy this summer treat. Be sure to let us know if you make it and what kind of toppings you use.