We can’t think of a better way to celebrate National Pineapple Day than with Pineapple Upside Down cakes baked in our Ramekins! These fruity, fluffy cakes are the ideal dessert for the long, hot days of summer. They’re also great for portion control for the times when you want to keep indulging, but have your beach body to think about 😉
This recipe comes to us from one of our faithful Fiesta followers, Angel Estes, a finalist in last year’s recipe contest. We loved her recipe so much that we just had to feature it on this special holiday!
Let us know how you’re celebrating Pineapple Day, and if you’re trying our Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!
- • cooking spray
- • 1/2 cup butter, melted
- • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- • 8 maraschino cherries
- • 1 can sliced ring pineapple
- • 1 (18.25 ounce) package pineapple cake mix (such as Duncan Hines® Pineapple Supreme)
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Move an oven rack into the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 8 Ramekins with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each sprayed Ramekins.
- Spoon 2 tablespoon brown sugar in each Ramekins.
- Place sliced pineapple into the bottom of the Ramekins
- Place a maraschino cherry into the center of the pineapple ring in each FIESTA ramekins.
- Mix pineapple cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour pineapple cake batter into the Ramekins filling them ¾ full; do not overfill.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a pineapple cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting Ramekins onto the Fiesta appetizer plate to release. Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up.