We love feasting on chips and salsa year round and our new Fruit/Salsa bowls are the perfect size to enjoy it. They have a wider mouth than our Bouillon and Ramekins, making it the ideal dipping bowl. It also holds more than our Fruit Bowl, meaning more room for snacking! Though it can be used for all sorts of great dips and tasty treats, we wanted to focus on its namesake: salsa.
This Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa recipe is one of our absolute favorites. The sweetness of the pineapple balances out the spiciness of the jalapeño so that it’s perfect for everyone! However, if you’re particularly sensitive to spicy foods you can always omit the jalapeño or use less than the recipe calls for.
Fresh salsa is easy to make and, in our opinion, much tastier than salsa from a jar. Our only problem with it is that it disappears too quickly!
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ white onion
- 1 jalapeño finely
- 1 cup pineapple
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of fresh cilantro
- Chop tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, pineapple and garlic. Mix together in Medium sized bowl.
- Transfer half of the chopped mixture into blender. Add spices and blend until just combined.
- Mix blended contents into bowl.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve in our Fiesta Fruit/Salsa bowl!