Michelle Stanton, National Retail Accounts & Export Manager
Fiesta item I have the most of: Mugs! I love coffee and enjoy having a variety of Fiesta mugs in my cabinet to choose from.
Most used Fiesta items: The Tapered Mug, of course. I love how these mugs hold a larger amount of coffee.
I always find myself using my 15” Baking Tray when making dinner. It is perfect for roasting veggies that have been tossed in oil and parmesan cheese.
Go-to recipe for entertaining: French Toast Custard Bake is must when hosting a brunch. You make it the day before in a 9×13 Baker and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator. Then, simply slide it in the oven and bake in the morning.
I like to give my guests options to accompany this dish: fresh berries, maple syrup, and whipped cream. With a toddler at home, it’s all about effortless, easy entertaining, so make ahead dishes are key for my family.
- 8 to 10 slices day old french bread, 1 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with butter and place in a single layer in baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks. Add milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread slices. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove bake from refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Favorite foods: It’s all about brunch: breakfast quiches, bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese, sweet and savory crepes and gourmet cheeses.
Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving. I host Thanksgiving every year and do a buffet-style meal with all of my Fiesta dishes.
Favorite memory of Fiesta: When I hosted my sister’s wedding shower, we served her white bridal shower cake on a mix of brightly colored Fiesta Salad Plates. All of the guests were “oohing” and “awing” over the beautiful presentation.