Happy National Pecan Day! Instead of going with the classic Pecan Pie to celebrate the day, we decided to get a little more creative and make some Pecan turtles! Turtles are perfect for big and little kids alike, and look especially appetizing on our Scarlet Baking/Pizza Tray.
Are you celebrating National Pecan Day with Fiesta? Share a picture with us on Facebook!
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 12oz. bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 11oz. bad of wrapped caramel candies
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. whipping cream
- Sea salt to top
- Place pecan halves on baking sheet and bake on 375 for 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Use a double boiler to melt unwrapped caramels, cream, and vanilla. This process will take longer than the chocolate chips.
- Use a second double boiler to melt chocolate chips.
- Line a Baking/Pizza Tray with parchment paper and add 6 globs of chocolate, spread out evenly over the tray. Place 5 pecan halves in a turtle arrangement in chocolate globs. Put tray in the refrigerator to allow chocolate to set.
- After chocolate has set, take tray out and add a glob of melted caramel onto each turtle. Return tray to fridge to set caramel.
- Once caramel has set, take tray out of fridge and dollop on remaining chocolate so that the caramel is covered.
- Add sea salt to each turtle.