There’s just something about the deliciously sweet smell of fresh baked banana bread wafting from the kitchen that puts a smile on our faces. Maybe it’s because we know we’ll be sinking our teeth into a slice soon, or maybe it’s just the memories of baking bread from our childhoods that gets us grinning. Whichever it is, there’s only one thing better than the smell: the taste!
We’ve whipped together this recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth, and to celebrate National Banana Bread Day, a holiday that we firmly believe should be observed by everybody.
The recipe itself is pretty straightforward, just make sure you have some ripe bananas on hand and an empty stomach and you’re good to go!
There’s always been controversy over what to put in your banana bread to give it that extra punch. Maybe you add nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit, or maybe you’re a banana bread purist and add nothing at all. For our recipe, however, we chose to mix in walnuts and chocolate chips. The walnuts, because they give the moist bread a subtle crunch, and the chocolate chips because in our opinion, everything is better with chocolate chips!
You can use any Loaf Pan in your cupboard, but of course, we are partial to our Fiesta Loaf Pan. We chose Sunflower for this recipe, and in our opinion, the bright color makes our bread look even more delectable.
So dig in to this tasty treat, it is a holiday after all! Our only advice is to try not to eat it all in one sitting. You’re going to want to save some for later 😉
- • 1/2 cup butter, melted
- • 1 cup brown sugar
- • 2 eggs
- • 2 cups ripe, mashed banana (about 2-3/4 bananas)
- • ¼ cup milk
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a sprinkle on top
- • 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Optional: ½ cup additions like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix butter, vanilla extract, milk and brown sugar together. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Combine wet mixture into flour mixture; stir lightly to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Let loaf cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!