Hi there! I’m Kadee and I blog over on Oh So Delicioso where we loooove food. You’ll find beautiful photography, food tips, party ideas, and lots and lots of delicious recipes. I’m excited to be a guest blogger and share one of my favorite recipes with you all.
I am a big Fiesta fan and have a particular love affair with the bakeware. There is something about have a beautiful baking dish that makes preparing and eating food so much better. I’m pretty much in love with this beautiful loaf pan in lapis.
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite fall flavors – pumpkin! I don’t discriminate when it comes to pumpkin. I’ll take the cakes, the cookies, and pies, and the bread! Which is what I am going to be talking about today – bread. I love quick breads – but there is something about pumpkin that is so special. I adore that earthy flavor combined with the spices of the season. For a little punch of creaminess I added in a cream cheese filling. You’re looking at heaven on a plate right here.
The only thing I don’t like about this recipe is waiting for it to bake! I wish I could snap my fingers and have a perfectly baked quick bread in seconds. There is a plus side though – by the end of the baking time your house will smell like heaven.
If you can wait long enough for this baby to cool, you’ll cut into perfectly moist, flavorful pumpkin cream cheese bread. This recipes makes 2 loaves, so you won’t have to worry about sharing. You’ll have one for you, and one for a neighbor.
So without further delay – let me give you this easy, yummy, and perfect for fall recipe.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With hand or stand mixer, mix 3 cups sugar, oil, pumpkin and 4 eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, 3 1/2 cups flour and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spray two Fiesta 9 inch loaf pans with nonstick spray. Add 1/4 of the batter to each loaf pan, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, I egg, 1/3 cup flour and 1 cup sugar until well combined.
- Add half of the cream cheese mixture to each loaf pan—making a vertical line down the center of the pumpkin batter.
- Top each loaf pan with remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Kadee is a contributor to Oh So Delicioso and provided the recipe and photography for this guest blog post.