As you might know, we have been holding a Flaunt Your Fiesta Recipe Contest over the course of the past month. We have received truly mouth-watering photos of our fans’ recipes, but only one could reign supreme. And the winner is…
Michael W. Waite for his Lemon(grass) Garlic Shrimp Alfredo! This dish tickled our taste buds and left us craving more. Congratulations, Michael! Please send us a message on Facebook with your address and preference of color for our new Covered Casserole. For anyone wanting to taste Michael’s dish, here is his recipe (designed himself!):
We want to thank everyone for their involvement in our first ever Recipe Contest, especially our runners up: Angel Estes and Karen Walker Misier.
Angel’s recipe was a delectable take on Pineapple Upside Down Cake, baked right into our 8 oz. Ramekins. The fluffy little cakes were the perfect proportion to satisfy our sweet tooths.
Here is Angel’s recipe:
PINEAPPLE FIESTA UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
• cooking spray
• 1/2 cup butter, melted
• 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
• 8 maraschino cherries
• 1 can sliced ring pineapple
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package pineapple cake mix (such as Duncan Hines® Pineapple Supreme)
• 3 eggs
• 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar for dusting, or as needed
1. Move an oven rack into the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray 8 FIESTA ramekins with cooking spray.
3. Spoon 2 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each sprayed FIESTA ramekins.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoon brown sugar in each FIESTA ramekins.
5. Place sliced pineapple into the bottom of the FIESTA ramekins
6. Place a maraschino cherry into the center of the pineapple ring in each FIESTA ramekins.
7. Mix pineapple cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
8. Pour pineapple cake batter into the FIESTA ramekins filling them ¾ full; do not overfill.
9. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a pineapple cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
10. Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting FIESTA ramekins onto the Fiesta appetizer/bread&butter plate to release. Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up. Sprinkle pineapple cakes lightly with confectioners’ sugar.
Karen provided us with an egg-cellent take on a breakfast favorite with her Breakfast Casserole! This cheesy concoction was a perfect start to our tasters’ morning (and the perfect snack all day, too!).
Here is Karen’s recipe:
Your recipes made it extremely difficult to pick a winner. In fact, they were so good we’d like to give you both a little something as well! Angel and Karen, please message us on Facebook with your address and your preference of color for one of our Large Bistro Bowls!
Keep checking the Fiesta Dinnerware Facebook page for news about our next contest. Until then, happy cooking!