With swimsuit season just around the corner, we thought we’d share a few of our favorite tips on slimming down. There’s no magic involved (and no forbidden foods!) just good old-fashioned portion control with a little help from our cheery dishes.
- Join the Small Plate Movement! By simply changing plates you can cut back on consumption, leading to steady weight loss. Proponents of the movement recommend switching to a plate that is around 9 inches in diameter, closer to the size of your grandmother’s china. http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20306781,00.html For automatic portion control during meals, go with our 9” Luncheon Plate instead of a standard dinner plate. Your plate will still be filled with food but you’ll be eating less.
- To maximize your plate’s weight-loss potential, scale back on starches. The trick is to fill half of your plate with fruits and vegetables, one quarter of your plate with protein such as meat, fish, poultry, or tofu, and the last quarter of your plate with a healthy starch like brown rice or quinoa.
- In the mood for a cool, creamy treat? Fill the Fiesta® Bouillon Bowl with one half cup of low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt. The petite capacity of the Bouillon Bowl is the perfect size for a little indulgence.
- Making a good snack choice is easier when healthy, low calorie options are within reach. Fill a Pedestal Bowl with colorful, nutrient rich fruits like apples, oranges, and bananas and set it out on your kitchen counter for a pretty presentation.
- For a little gastronomic guidance look to the Fiesta® Ramekin. With a capacity of exactly one cup (8 ounces), this bowl is your best bet for a simple serving guide.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated! Drinking plenty of water is essential to good health and can even help you lose weight. Guzzling the pure stuff throughout the day can help you feel satiated, warding off snack attacks and overeating at meals. With a 24 oz. capacity, the large Fiesta® Tervis Tumbler makes it easy to stay on top of your (water) game. Simply fill the insulated tumbler with refreshing ice water in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Consuming between two and three tumblers full of water will provide you with your recommended intake.
- Finally, just enjoy yourself! Eat slowly, savor your food and enjoy the company you are in.